The beautiful Bonnie at A Knotted Life began the Sheenazing Awards last year. I think it was lots of fun and I enjoyed seeing all the blogs (new and old to me) nominated.
This year, someone nominated Endless Strength! I don’t know what category the nomination falls under yet, but will when Bonnie posts the nominations and opens the voting. So, I’ll be sure to come back and update this post. And, I found out the nomination a in the category of “Blogger with the Best Memes”. Well, I think I am gonna have to extend credit to my friend Jessica because she dreamt up “Monday Mumbles” and I just latched on.
But either way, I am really excited to be included, so thank you!!
I’m a little (okay…a lot) excited at this first-time honor of being nominated for some internet blog-award thing! It’s very cool and thank you to the person (or people? be still my heart!!) who nominated this ol’ blog. It definitely has done my heart some good. 🙂
But…I know I don’t have a ton of readers and such, but I am going to go ahead and ask you, dear readers, to vote for me! 🙂 We’ve been through a lot this year. I know I’ve written more about my grief than anything else. And lately I’ve fallen into some weekly link-ups as my main source of writing. Hey, what can I say? Life in a dual-income household with five kids is pretty busy!
No matter what you do, you should definitely view the blogs nominated for the Sheenazing Awards because you may just find your next favorite blog. And for sure, follow Bonnie. She’s got an incredible story and she’s just an all around swell gal.
Okay, I’ll shut up now. 🙂
But…VOTE FOR ME!
Vote? (for me?)
Lovely Joy, from joy in the morning, recognized me recently with a Liebster Blog Award!
The Liebster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning dearest. (Interesting note: I took German in high school and college and I know the way to say “I love you” in German is “ich liebe dich” 🙂 )
The award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who deserve recognition and support to keep on blogging.
Here are the “rules“:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award
- Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate
- Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog!
So! 11 facts about me
- My junior year of high school (1990-91), I started (outside hitter) for High School State 4A Championship Volleyball team in North Carolina
- I have physically exerted myself for 26.2 mile endeavors twice in my life: the first time was as a member of the stroke pair of the Washburn University’s Open Women’s 8 in November 1993 and the 2nd time was by myself, running the Lincoln Marathon on May 6, 2007 in 4:37:19
- My wedding was July 24, 1999 — one of the hottest days that year — significant because when I bought my dress, I bought it for an October wedding…
- I have a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Kansas and MBA from Rockhurst University (a local Jesuit university)
- I was a toll booth collector from May 1993 through June 1996 for the Kansas Turnpike Authority
- My first car was a 1983 Chevrolet Celebrity bought on credit with payments of $215 a month
|It was like this…only light blue
- I didn’t learn to ride a bike until the spring of 5th grade (I was 11)
|It was like this for the most part..
- When I was 12, I earned “Most Improved Swimmer” award for my age group and swim team
- When my husband and I bowled together in a league on Friday nights, ages ago, I bowled a 600 series (this is three games with average score in the 200’s)
- I played piano for 3 years and I was in “show choir” in high school and was in the musical “Pippin” my junior year of high school
- When I was in 1st (or was it 2nd?) grade, my brother and I did an act for our school Talent Show where we sang this song called “Boom Boom! Ain’t it Great to be Crazy?” interspersed with jokes. I just remember doing it, but I don’t remember if anyone thought it was any good
Wow, that was harder than I thought it would be!!
Okay, so now I get to answer Joy’s questions:
- Favorite breakfast? 2 eggs over medium, bacon, hash browns
- First presidential election you remember? 1980 — Carter vs. Reagan
- Home decorating style? favoring which time period? Ummm? there are styles? 🙂
- Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- And what is going on top? (Fave toppings?) I don’t like anything on top
- What country/culture fascinates you most? Italy / and the many variations of Italian cultures I have encountered!
- Planner or spur of the moment personality? Planned (yup…major Type A here)
- Favorite board game? Scrabble
- White, milk or dark chocolate? Dark Chocolate!!
- Favorite Easter basket candy? Dark Chocolate!!
- You are hosting a 3 movie marathon: what is the theme or featured artist Hmmm, it would have to be Jason Bourne movies or Lord of the Rings
And now for 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate:
- The place you go for your news
- Greatest sports venue you’ve ever experienced
- Facebook or Twitter (your fave social media)?
- First presidential election you voted in?
- Sunny or Snowy Vacation?
- Phone rings. You don’t recognize the number. Do you answer it or do you let it roll to voicemail?
- Markers or Crayons?
- History Museum or Art Gallery?
- Transformers or He-man and the Masters of the Universe?
- What series of TV shows have you not seen that you would watch start to finish on Netflix?
- Three favorite recent books (looking for some good reads!!)
Thank you, Joy at joy in the morning, for nominating me for this. It was loads of fun!!