Happy Monday! I’m mumbling. Not sure Jessica is or not (she did!), but I just kind of do these whenever I think of it on Mondays. 🙂
1. I actually posted over the weekend. Hadn’t had anything pop into my head to write about on the weekend for awhile.
2. My baby girl is growing up. These pictures kind of took me by surprise the other day. Watching Helen interact with other girls her age, I see how confident she is, and I love it. I don’t know if it surprises me because I don’t remember being confident as a kid and Helen is so much like me in other ways or what the deal is. But I like to see it.
|Helen dressed and ready for Ballet Pictures|
|Helen with her friend Chi-Chi|
3. Sunday was new shoes day for Dominic. Of course, that turned into new summer shoes for the girls, too. Thank God Vincent didn’t really understand what was going on, and he can’t talk so he couldn’t ask for new shoes, too. I used my extra 20% off reward at the stride rite outlet and still paid out the whazoo. Why do basic necessities, like shoes, have to cost so much?
Dominic was very cute about his new shoes, however. He said he wanted Star Wars shoes, so I went and looked and sure enough, there were some Star Wars Jedi Light-Up shoes available in his size and in our price range!
|Dominic’s new shoes!|
4. And when we went home, he ran laps around our downstairs as though he were the fastest kid on the planet. I heard him say to Helen, “Come on, Helen, let’s race! I bet my Jedi Master shoes will beat your leopard print sandals ’cause I’m the fastest!” Fun.
5. I’ve made it through 2 weeks of CrossFit (CF) and Saturday’s workout included the ever-interesting Burpee. The Burpees I have done in the past didn’t involve my stomach/chest touching the floor, but the CF Burpees are a bit different since stomach/chest touches the floor and the hands come up and then back down to lift ourselves back up. So, basically, the CF Burpees involve throwing your body to the floor and getting back up, much like a 2-year-old throwing a tantrum. I totally thought of Vincent while I was doing them…and of course realized this is why little kids are so fit…because they do this sort of thing all the time. The guy training the class said that the CF’ers who compete and such, basically do a pancake with their bodies and get right back up. Oh goodness.
6. We also started doing stuff like hanging from the bar and trying to lift our legs to do things like oh, touch our toes to the bar (I couldn’t do that) or try to lift our legs and touch our knees to our elbows (I couldn’t do that either) or just lift our knees as high as we could while we were hanging there. Then they also started teaching us how to do a controlled swing on the bar which should help us as we get stronger to do all kinds of things on that bar. I think I need to get some glove/grips or something.
7. I’ve been thinking about trying to get Vincent into gymnastics. So far he appears to be my most coordinated and high-energy kid. I think he’d be great with gymnastics early on before trying to get him into swimming lessons / swim team 🙂
8. Dominic said he wants to play soccer in the fall. That should be cool! I’m so excited to get him involved in something active like that. He likes video games too much right now.
9. I have been grain-free, dairy-free and legume-free for 22 days now. In that time I have also been unnatural sugar-free and artificial sweetener-free. I’m working on a post to describe this process. But suffice it to say, while my brain still sends messages like, “Let’s get a Diet Coke” or “Man, pizza sounds so good!” I feel really good. I don’t feel deprived (anymore). When I’m tired, I’m just tired — not tired (and groggy) or tired (and coming off a sugar/flour high). It’s interesting to say the least.
10. I’m happy to announce that I hit my 10% loss goal with Weight Watchers this weekend! I am also just shy of hitting the 25 pounds lost mark!
|The key chain received from WW for hitting 10% goal|
Last week, I was 0.4 away from this goal, so I figured I would hit it, but I blew past it by losing 4.4 pounds this week. I honestly think losing that much in a week probably isn’t expected usually, but my body seems to really be responding to my new dietary regimen and the CF workouts! I was way excited to put on some denim capris I wore last summer…so I’m getting there!
Have a great Monday, everyone!!